RE: What is the process to resolve QuickBooks Error -6010 -100?
Firstly, Turn off your company file hosting and rename the QuickBooks company file with the .nd file extension.
If you’re not a pro-advisor then turn off hosting:
- To start this process reboot/restart your computer & then hold down the Ctrl key down then double-click the QuickBooks icon and open the Quickbooks program without opening the company file.
- Choose the “File” > select the “Utilities”, after all that stress and worry, select the option “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access”.
- Now, when asked to confirm be ensure to choose the “yes” option.
- Issues with your company file is a problem with desktop based software, we suggest you consider changing to a web-based/cloud-based version of QuickBooks software.
Steps to rename the .nd file associated with the company data file
Search your computer for files with the .nd file extension. This may take few seconds.
- Find the .nd files with the name of the company you are having trouble opening.
- Now, The right click the .nd file.
- Ensure to choose rename & type old at the end (for example, company.nd would become company .nd.old).
- Hopefully, the company file opens without any serious errors.
If an error still exists then you should contact QuickBooks Error Support team.