RE: How do I uninstall Point of Sale from my QuickBooks?
Just follow below steps and uninstall point of sale from your QuickBooks:
Note: Create a backup before uninstalling Point of Sale.
- Save any files you may have open and then exit all programs.
- Press Windows logo+R to open the Run command.
- Enter Control Panel and click OK.
- Click the View by dropdown and select Small icons.
- Click Programs and Features.
- Right-click QuickBooks Point of Sale XX, and select Uninstall
Note: Here XX represents the version of your QuickBooks Point of Sale for Desktop.
- If a User Account Control window is displayed, click Continue and follow through the program removal.
- After the uninstall process, rename the QuickBooks Point of Sale XX folder (the default location is C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX).
- Rename the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX folder.
- Rename the QBPOSDBSrvUser folder located in C:\Users.
- Remove the QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows login:
- On your keyboard, press Windows logo+R to open the Run command.
- Click User Accounts
- Click Manage another account and click Continue on the User Account Control window
- Select QBPOSDBSrvUser and click Delete the account.
- Confirm the delssssetion and then close all open windows.
- Restart the computer.
Have queries? Contact QuickBooks Point of Sale Support team.